Thursday, June 15, 2006



I realized the other day that I'm holding back a lot from my blog, because you see, the blog was not really intended for the public. Of course, it is public as that is the very nature of a blog, but as you may have gathered (you being my enormous blog audience), I started it to keep track of some links and to record a sentence or two about the many books and way too many movies that I ingest. But then I realized that I had this blog that was really lame - a list of boring links and some mediocre book and movie reviews - a yawn fest. And besides that, the blog announced that I am a fiction writer. How pretentious can the blog get? Next the blog is going to start telling you about the straight A's I got in elementary school. The blog needed to develop a personality and stop being so damn stuffy. The blog needed to get laid.

The problem is I'm not over the weirdness of the blogging thing quite yet. I follow a few of my friends' blogs, and they've all followed this arc: They start out commenting as I am on the bizarreness of blogging, writing rambling posts about how they never thought they'd even start a blog. Then within a few weeks, they're revealing every detail about the boss that they hate and the annoying coworker who talks too much and the ex-boyfriend they ran into on the bus yesterday, who had an enormous issue with intimacy, and you know, other juicy stuff... So this aloofness may be just a phase I'm going through; I might get over it soon. If so, watch out, ex-boyfriends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home